Bacalao highlights these satisfying stuffed tomatoes bursting with fresh, savory flavors.
- Desalt Norwegian Bacalao and break into pieces. Set aside and keep cold.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chopped black olives, capers, basil and breadcrumbs; mix and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the small-diced onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add cherry tomatoes and bacalao, cook over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes and add the egg; stir until cooked, then mix in the black olive mixture.
- Core and fill each tomato with an even amount and place in a preheated 200ºF oven for 20 minutes.